Now this is going to be super simple and super customizable. You can do whatever dried fruit you want to, and use whatever type of chocolate you want! Total cost of this whole recipe is roughly $7. Now this could change depending on what quality of chocolate you get and what kinda dried fruits. Either way though, it’s a great alternative to other sweet treats and doesn’t break the bank!
CLICK HERE to read a previous blog post about Dark Chocolate benefits!
- 4-5 cups of dark chocolate chips – make sure you get the ones that are sweetened and not semisweet and if you can, also get the ones with the most cocoa content to get the most benefits.
- 20 oz of dried fruit – I prefer Ocean Spray cause I can get them with reduced sweeteners in the fruit.
- Pot of boiling water – you have to double boil the chocolate so it will not burn)
- Glass bowl that fits over the pot. – Preferably one that is oven safe, so you know it’ll be safe at high temperatures.
- Cookie sheet with parchment paper to cover.
- Fill pot about half way with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a little over a simmer.
- Put 2 cups of chocolate into glass bowl and place over the pot of simmering water.
- Gentely stir chocolate till smooth and creamy.
- Once the chocolate is smooth, begin to add dried fruit a little at a time.
- Stir until all are covered and then begin to transfer the chocolate covered fruit to the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Repeat until cookie sheet is full. (20oz of fruit and about 4-5cups of chocolate made an average sized cookie sheet for me)
- Once on the cookie sheet, begin to flat it out a little bit if you don’t like it looking too chunky.
- Place in freezer for about 15-20mins.
- Once completely frozen, I typically will break them about into random pieces and fill little plastic bags and keep them in the freezer. They usually do fine on the counter if your house isn’t super warm, having them out at room temperature is okay.Enjoy!