Life has been super busy for me lately! But that’s great because I love to keep busy. Max joined a Charlotte Soccer leauge so I’ve been helping out a lot with that. I even helped them design there uniforms!
BREAKFAST FOR DINNER!
The meal that I prepared this weekend was a Sausage and Hash brown casserole. This was a quick recipe that I made during lunch to have ready by dinner time.
- Package of Frozen Hash Brown – I got the one that had a little bit of red peppers and onions already in them.
- Smoked Sausage – I got the hot and spicy ones, of course.
(Smoked Sausage can be replaced by ground sausage, ground sausage would need to be cooked before putting in crock pot)
- Large can of Cream of Chicken condensed soup – It is 2 cups worth.
- Chopped half onion
- Chopped whole green pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Pull hash browns out of the freezer to start defrosting.
- Begin chopping your vegetables.
- Chop up your sausage into bit size pieces.
- Lightly grease the crock pot and put the hash browns into the bottom.
- Begin layering your chopped ingredients .
- Add 2 cups of cream of chicken condensed soup.
- Mix together and add a little cheese.
- Add Cheese on top.
- Cook on low for 6 hours until potatoes are soft..
- Enjoy!! We served ours with mini pancakes and even topped our casserole with a little bit of syrup to give it that little bit of sweet!
3 thoughts on “Crock Pot Sausage & Hash brown Casserole”
I love your blog it’s great I like your enthusiasm and what comes across to me as a positive and bubbly personality.
I hope you don’t mind me asking but I’m very curious about your Grandma’s little prairie cook book are you able to share any of the recipes?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! I really appreciate that! And yeah I plan on creating a page featuring images from the book and the recipes themselves. My grandma loved sharing anything she came up with, and I want to share them with everyone too!