This recipe is inspired by one of Max’s favorite choices at a Chinese Restaurant. Since we have been trying to do better about eating out, I decided to try and recreate a dish we would order as take-out!
- 5lbs of beef steak strips – Yes, that might seem like a lot. I used that much because we were having it for dinner and I wanted extra leftovers for lunch the next day! You can vary for your family size.
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1/2 cup of Soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/4 chopped onion – Onion powder as an alternative.
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced – Garlic powder as an alternative.
- 2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of ground pepper
- 4 tbsp of flour – Use cornstarch if you want a thicker sauce
- 3 full broccoli stocks sectioned – Or the equivalent to a frozen bag full of broccoli florets.