Hey guys! I am so sorry that this is a bit late! I was so busy last week helping out on my parents little farm while they went to the beach! And I had tried to make these earlier in the week but failed haha. While I was at my parents Max went out and bought me a Presto Fry Daddy deep fryer from Walmart for $18.84. That purchase literally saved this recipe! I will be making a post reviewing the little fryer sometime this week so everyone can see if you want to purchase one yourself! Now lets get to the recipe!
- Favorite type of pickle chip – I used hamburger dill pickle chips and also bread and butter sweet pickles.
- Cup of flour
- Tablespoon of each : Paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and cumin
- 1 1/2 cup of butter milk
- 4 cups of frying oil
- Paper towels/coffee filters to strain grease
- Presto Fry Daddy or Pan heated to 350 degrees
- Combine together the flour and the seasonings. And have everything in separate bowls.
- Take 4 pickle chips at a time and dip them in the buttermilk. Use a spoon with holes to scoop them out and strain. The slip them into the flour and make sure they are completely covered in mixture.
- Using tongs, lightly put the flour coated pickles into the fryer.
- We cooked ours EXACTLY 2 mins and they came out perfect!
- Once they turn golden brown, take out of oil and place onto paper towel/coffee filter to capture extra oil.
- Let cool and then serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce!