So I was thinking that I needed more sweet treats on the site. The downfall of that is, all the sweet things I like involve baking. I am not very good at baking! 😦 But these turned out really great! I was so proud of myself 🙂 I couldn’t believe I actually made an amazing cheesecake!
This made 12 cupcake sized Mini Cheesecakes.
- 16oz of cream cheese – Make sure it has been left on the counter for awhile and is super soft. Of course at first I just went right in and the cream cheese clogged my mixer and I had to start over haha
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sugar*** – In the picture it will only be 1/4 because that is where I started and then added till I thought it tasted true. I’d recommend doing that and get it to the taste you prefer.
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
For the crust:
I used 3 different types of Oreos. I used my magic bullet to get them into a fine texture. You can really use whatever you want for the crust, but I thought Oreos would work well so I could use the same cheesecake filling, but still have a different taste to each with the differing crusts!
- 5 Original Oreos
- 5 Lemon Creme Oreos
- 5 Birthday Cake Oreos
- 5 tbsp of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees!
- Crush up the oreos into a fine texture.
- Evenly disburse the butter between the different crusts. I just took a spoonful at a time and put it into each till all the butter was gone.
- Line your cupcake tray with little paper cupcake holders. Begin to evenly put the Oreo mixture into the bottom of each. I used my finger to flatten it into the bottom.
- Cook for about 5 minutes/ or until the lightest color is a golden brown. Set aside.
- Begin making the cheesecake filling. Once the cream cheese is very soft, mix together using a hand/tabletop mixer.
- Once just the cream cheese has been mixed, add the sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Mix together until smooth and creamy!
- Before adding to the cupcake tray, make sure it has completely cooled. If it is completely cooled, add the filling into the paper cups. You can fill them to the top.
- Cook for about 15 mins and then watch very carefully.
- My oven cooks weird cause it’s older. So it always gets really hot in the back. If it cracks then they have been a little over cooked.
- Let cool in the cupcake tray completely and then you can put them in the fridge to cool.
- After they have cooled for an hour or so, top with whatever you like and ENJOY!
Regular Oreo Crust
I topped it with a little whipped cream and crumbled oreos 🙂
Lemon Creme Crust
I topped with a little whipped cream and a Lemonhead candy 🙂
Birthday Cake Crust
I topped with a little whipped cream and fun colored sprinkles! 🙂