Now this recipe was inspired by Chick-fil-a chicken. We knew that we wanted to do a fried chicken recipe now that we have the fryer but we couldn’t think of what kind we wanted to do. A friend of Max’s, who works with him, was telling him about how he used to work at Chick-fil-a and they used pickle juice. By now, you might know that I love pickles. If not, you do now haha. So I was totally game. I’m not sure if it’s exactly the same, but it tastes damn near close! haha
- Thinly sliced chicken and/or chicken breast – These can also be turned into chicken nuggets by cuttin them into bite size pieces
- Dill Pickle Juice
- Flour Combination of your favorite seasonings – We used a flour combo from the restaurant that Max works from, not too sure what seasonings were in it. Probably a simple salt, pepper, little garlic powder.
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- Fry Daddy Fryer or a Pan with oil heated to 350 degrees
- Bag of frozen fries – as a side. They can also be put in the fryer.
- Let the chicken soak in the pickle juice for a couple of hours or overnight. We soaked our for about 3 1/2 hours and it turned out great.
- Once they have soaked for the time you wanted, dip them into the butter milk and then coat in flour combo.
- Carefully place the chicken into the fryer. We fried ours for about 3mins and 30 seconds and they came out perfect!
- Once they are a beautiful golden brown, take out, strain and let cool on a paper towel.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce!