Baby · Beginning

Sadie Delilah 🎀

Introducing my beloved Sadie Delilah.

She was born on August 19th 2017 at 6:31pm. She decided to bake until the very end and arrived at 42weeks and a day. She was 7lbs 8oz and 19.5 inches long. She is the light of my life. I have never loved anything more than this precious little girl.

Long Birth Story

Possible trigger warning***

On thanksgiving 2016 I found out I was pregnant. I shared this information immediately with my mom as I knew I couldn’t keep a secret from her. The pregnancy went surprisingly well. I documented most of the first 20 weeks in 19w5d ; Anatomy Scan plus Progress:). After my 20 week appointment I decided, after much research that I wanted to attempt a home-birth. I sought out a local midwife who was trained for these kinds of deliveries. Fast forward to 40weeks pregnant.

August 4th was my due date. I was so excited at the thought that she could be here any moment. The days came and passed. As I crept closer and closer to 42 weeks and I couldn’t believe I wasn’t having any symptoms of the impending birth. I wasn’t having Braxton Hicks, almost nothing at all. Sadie was very active. She was always moving around, so I knew nothing was wrong, but I guess she just got a little too comfy. Another week came and went. 41 weeks arrived and still nothing. Since there still wasn’t any progress I decided to start doing some extra stuff to induce labor. I went and had acupuncture. I went to a chiropractor. I literally did it all! I even went in for an ultrasound to check placenta health as well as baby growth. On the ultrasound, Sadie apparently was measuring at 8lbs+. Towards the end of the week, 41w4d I began taking herbs and oils in hopes of starting something. I did begin to lose bits and pieces of my mucus plug. At this point I was beginning to believe that my body wasn’t going to go into labor by itself. I was extremely defeated so we went to the hospital to see if there was anyways I could be induced. At 41w6d, I was admitted into triage and another ultrasound was done. Now this ultrasound was saying that Sadie was measuring at 10+lbs. I was sent home because I wasn’t having contractions and there was nothing else they could do for me since the baby was healthy and no signs of stress. I went home that day and was completely defeated. I cried and cried. I couldn’t believe that I hadn’t had my baby yet. After 42 weeks my midwife could not legally deliver my baby any longer. 42 weeks arrived and still nothing that morning. I took more herbs and oils that day, and then finally that evening contractions started. I had contractions the whole night and at about 2am my water broke. I labored till about 6am (42w1d) when I called my midwife and let her know the situation. She came over and checked to see how far along in labor I was. If I was in “active labor” she could still deliver my baby, but if I was still in “early labor” there wasn’t anything she could do. I was only 1cm after hours of already laboring.

Off to the hosptial we went for the second time this week. We get in and they do the test to see if my water did break. The test came back negative. So they brought in an ultrasound machine since they didn’t believe me when I said that it had broke. Immediately they could see that it had indeed broke. The doctor checked my cervix again to see if there was anymore progress since, at this point (after hours of blood being drawn, and other tests), it was now 5:30pm. I was still sitting at 1cm. I was still having constant contractions, 2-3mins apart. They gave me a choice that this point. Either they would start a Pit drip and see if that would help, or I could get a c-section. They were also concerned since the baby was measuring so big that she could have trouble coming out so they were really pushing for a c-section. I was also approaching the cut off time from when your water can break before there could be possible infection and complications.

If I had progressed to 4-5cms I probably would have let them start the drip, but I was so exhausted mentally at the fact that I was only 1cm, I couldn’t take it any longer. So with many tears and talking to Max and my parents, I made the choice to have a c-section. If I’m completely honest, I think it was the best decision I could have made. It turned out that Sadie was in stress and had just began defecating when they were taking her out. I don’t regret my choice for a minute.

Those last 2 weeks were such a long journey and I couldn’t believe that I finally had my little girl. Miss Sadie Dee had finally arrived!

With Love,



11 thoughts on “Sadie Delilah 🎀

  1. And she is gorgeous 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing your birth story. I love her name 🙂 Well, it certainly seems that little Sadie Dee was very comfy in your tummy. You created such a warm happy place there for her 🙂 Enjoy your sweet baby girl Taylor xxx

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s